Legal Notices about this Web Site
Here's the stuff that tells you what happens to any
information you give us, who owns this web site, what restrictions there are on its use
and linkage to other sites.
NOTICE: YOU DO NOT BECOME A CLIENT OF LAW OFFICES OF GREEN AND GREEN, AND YOU MAY NOT REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OUR CLIENT UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU HAVE SIGNED A PAPER WRITTEN FEE AGREEMENT WITH OUR FIRM. WE ARE LICENSED TO PRACTICE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. IF YOU ARE IN ANOTHER STATE OR COUNTRY YOU NEED TO RETAIN AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR STATE OR COUNTRY.
Our Goal: This site keeps abreast of legal and legislative changes to better inform and enlighten. If there be editorial error we would appreciate it if you could inform us. Education is what this site is all about to allow users to better understand the very fluid law, and through the law, become better users of the World of Communication.
This site is owned and operated by:
Law Offices of Green & Green 1000 Fourth St., Suite 595 San Rafael, CA 94901
POLICY WITH REGARD TO EMAIL:
We believe in the free flow of electronic commerce. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY LEGAL ADVICE BY E-MAIL. Although the ABA approves the general use of e-mail, until the various Bar Associations and rules are certain among the 50 states, we believe the following to be the best approach to this issue: If you are or intend to be a "client" of any attorney, know that you may have by law, an "Attorney-Client privilege" that you, the client may waive. If you waive it, what you tell your Attorney may be discoverable in a court proceeding.
- It is possible under common law to "accidentally" waive this privilege by disclosing to a third party the material of what is intended to be a "confidential disclosure" to your Attorney.
- It is known that e-mail is broken into "packets" and transmitted in pieces and we believe this to be very secure for limited communications. It is also, however known that things people can do such as "hacking" and generally, under legal and illegal processes, might be able to see e-mail.
- We will converse with our clients using e-mail with the understanding that there is no intent to disclose any part of such communication to any third party. This does not apply to non-client e-mail.
- We prefer to encrypt all attached e-mail communications documents. Our methods do not require the client to have any decryption software on their computers.
- NO REPLY TO ANY UNSOLICITED E-MAIL QUESTION IS INTENDED TO BE ANY FORM OF LEGAL ADVICE, AND CANNOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE. NO ONE BECOMES A CLIENT OF THIS FIRM UNTIL THEY HAVE SIGNED AN ENGAGEMENT OR RETAINER AGREEMENT AND IT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY A PARTNER. THE USER'S QUESTIONS MAY BE RESPONDED TO OR NOT IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND AL USER INPUT BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF GREEN& GREEN. THE USER IS URGED TO SEEK OUT COMPETENT BAR ASSOCIATIONS AND LOCAL LICENSED LEGAL COUNSEL FOR AN ANALYSIS OF ANY LEGAL QUESTION OR ISSUE. CAUTION: IF YOU ARE SUED, OBTAIN LOCAL LEGAL COUNSEL IMMEDIATELY AS YOU MAY ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS TO RESPOND AND PRESERVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE.
THIS APPLIES ONLY to the "We'd Like Your Feedback" links at the bottom of many pages of this site. there are no "hidden" methods we use to gather your data, and all data users might leave is voluntary.
NOTICE: Green & Green (we) hereby are glad to inform you that we strictly
maintain your privacy in all information left with us. We might collect the following
items of personal information about you. Name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers.
We ask for your comments. These become the property Green & Green. A few of the comments might be responded to and we reserve the right not to respond.
We collect your information by one means: the "We'd Like Your Feedback"
WE NEVER SELL, GIVE OR LEND DATA OR ANY PART OF THEM.
If you want to be added to our future e-mail list to receive information, use the e-form For "We'd Like Your Feedback " at many places near the bottom of the pages on this site. You may have accessed the form and clicked on this page. There is no fee. Our purposes for your information are strictly internal and proprietary.
We provide the following choices and means for you to limit our use and disclosure of personal information that you were asked to provide to us: You need not fill in the non mandatory sections of the form. You need not add comments. You may select (when the system is implemented) whether or not to receive e-mail notices of changes and additions to this site that may be of interest.
CHOICES: We give individuals the opportunity to choose or opt out of the choice whether and how we use your personal information. We do not gather any information you do not choose to give us. We do not send any unsolicited mail. We may maintain an e-mail list that we use to inform our customers about new legal trends from time to time but only if you asked us to so notify you. You can - at any time - add or delete your name from this list merely by e-mailing us a request or by fax and telephone call.
SECURITY: We take strict and reasonable measures to assure reliability of our internal systems for its intended, private, use. NO REPLY TO ANY UNSOLICITED E-MAIL QUESTION IS INTENDED TO BE ANY FORM OF LEGAL ADVICE, AND CANNOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE USER'S QUESTIONS MAY BE RESPONDED TO OR NOT IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. THE USER IS URGED TO SEEK OUT COMPETENT LOCAL LICENSED LEGAL COUNSEL FOR A ANALYSIS OF ANY LEGAL QUESTION OR ISSUE. CAUTION: IF YOU ARE SUED, OBTAIN LOCAL LEGAL COUNSEL IMMEDIATELY AS YOU MAY ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS TO RESPOND AND PRESERVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE. We take great precautions to protect any of your data by keeping your data offline.
ACCESS: Your data is not stored online therefore you do not need to update and change it.
ENFORCEMENT:We provide the following mechanisms for assuring compliance with the principles, recourse for You and consequences for Us when our foregoing principles are not followed: Here are readily available and affordable independent recourse mechanisms by which your complaints and disputes can be resolved:
- Step 1: Call, e-mail, fax or write to us. We will make every effort to resolve your dispute.
- Step 2: If this does not resolve your dispute, you can complain to the Marin County Bar Association.
Systems for verifying that the attestations and assertions we make about our privacy
practices are true. Privacy practices have been implemented as Presented: We believe
that we have an obligation to remedy problems arising out of our policy to keep you the
client happy, secure and coming back. To ensure compliance by us we will, if
contacted, cooperate with data protection authorities located in the European Community.
THIS MAY APPLY to clients who have financial transactions with this firm including deposits of trust funds, escrows and forwarding funds to you or others policies and practices with respect to the following:
(1) We do not, without your prior written permission disclose nonpublic personal information to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, including all categories of information that may be disclosed such as name, address, phone, and monetary or financial information as to amounts, rates, depositaries.
(2) We do not, without your prior written permission disclose nonpublic personal information of persons and entities who have ceased to be our clients.
(3) We do our best to protect all nonpublic personal information of clients. We owe you duties of attorney - client privilege and fiduciary duties to do so.
(4) Our policy and practice with respect to disclosing nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties, other than our employees, associates, associated law firms and agents we hire is that we do not disclose.
(5) Our policy is that we maintain all services with the goal to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. This includes that it is never placed in any public area, but kept within our care, custody and control. None of any of your non public information is ever used on any database accessible outside of our LAN and this data is protected by a hardware firewall.
If you have any questions please call at (415) 457-8300. Otherwise please visit the website at http://www.greenandgreen.com/ for the latest weekly trends in business, entertainment e-business, trademark, domain names, Internet and technology law.
User Agreement and License:
ALL VIEWERS OF THIS SITE: As a user, without express written permission of LOGG you have no right to copy any part of any data or page of this site whether in HTML, plain text, "GIF" or any graphic, photograph, image, art work, name, likeness or any other visible or invisible item in any format and for any browser or any other Internet Access software or hardware now known of hereafter developed. For Permissions see Copyright.
State Bar and Professional Code Rules:
NOTICE: Pursuant to California Business and Professions Code 6158.3. The results, if any, portrayed in all cases discussed in these pages in the several advertisements and articles contained herein were dependent on the facts of that case. The reader or user is cautioned that the results will differ if the reader's case or issue is based on different facts.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property Notices:
All versions of all pages (meaning all the items in the "file" seen by a user, both in view and above/below "the fold" of the viewer) of this web site, including this one and all text, artwork, photographs, underlying software, data and other materials that we have licensed, data, links, client and vendor information and their arrangement, are the Trademarks, Trade dress, Trade Secrets, and Copyrights of Law Offices of Green & Green (LOGG), All rights Reserved, 1995-1999. The user has no right to copy by implied license or otherwise, by use of any Internet access software or "browser," any part of any page of this web site whether in plain text, "GIF" or any other format now known of hereafter developed. All requests for uses, even educational uses, of any portion of this web site, even a phrase or one or more musical notes, for example or any of the text materials must be E-mailed to email@example.com. Include your purpose, the educational [or other] program under which you make the request, the number of copies requested and the medium. Permission is only provided in writing, signed by a partner of this firm. We do provide permission at times in our sole discretion. Without an express written license there is no permission to reproduce any of this web site for any uses, in any medium including but not limited to, on the Internet or any global information network, LAN or intranet.
Law Offices of Green & Green logo (the Green - and - gold plaque), the names: There Ought to Be a LawSM, Legal TrendsSM, Legal BasicsSM and the phrase "Where the Internet and Entertainment Converge SM" are all Trademarks and Service Marks of Law Offices of Green & Green.
LINKS: Other sites must ask permission to link our site to theirs. None is implied. If you own and object to our links to any other site, notify firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the exact URL you want us to remove and why.